Based in Mons, Belgium
PC, Mac, Linux
Epistory is an atmospheric adventure typing game that tells the story of a writer lacking inspiration who asks her muse to help write her latest book.
In Epistory you play the muse, a fictional character in a world where everything is untold. Your adventure begins on a blank page, but the world will soon become larger and livelier as you gather inspiration, solve its mysteries and defeat its enemies. From movement to opening chests and fighting in epic battles, every element in the game is controlled exclusively with the keyboard.
As you progress and explore the fantasy origami world, the story literally unfolds in the writer’s mind and the mysteries of the magic power of the words are revealed.
After years of collaborating with various publishers, Fishing Cactus studio decided to choose the elite amongst them to work on an in house production. Hustling all the habits of the studio on their way, this team won’t be afraid to create the kind of game we always dreamed of but never had the means to do. Meanwhile, 25 souls sacrifice themselves on “Pay the Bills” projects for the common good. Will they succeed in their mission? I don’t know, I am just a cool movie voice over in your head!
- Play as the muse riding a giant three tailed fox, lost in a fantasy 3D world
- Solve mysterious puzzles and defeat enemies in epic combat
- Unfold the story as you explore the origami world in the writer’s head
- Control everything with a keyboard in this one of its kind typing game (English, French, German and Dvorak keyboards supported)
- Dynamic difficulty that evolves to fit each players’ skill set
- Challenge other players for the top spot in the arena leaderboards
Epistory Release Trailer YouTube
Awards & Recognition
- "Creative PLAY" IGP Paris, 2015
- "Honorable Mention in Visual Art" IGF, 2016
- "Honorable Mention in Best Art" Belgian Game Awards, 2016
- "Innocation Award" Belgian Game Awards, 2016
- "The keyboard is your mightiest weapon in Epistory."
- Mike Fahey, Kotaku
- "Epistory – Typing Chronicles is differentiating itself with regards to gameplay mechanics and visuals."
- Marcus Estrada, HardcoreGamer
- "Epistory's strength is that it’s a great way to get calm and zone-out."
- Patrick Lathan, GamersNexus
- "An action/adventure game in a charming world that can't be missed."
- , jeuxvideo.com
- "One of the best surprises of Gamescom."
- Miguel Tomar Nogueira, Rubber Chicken Games
- "Epistory: Typing Chronicles ist total einfach erklärt. Man tue Tearaway und das Bonus-Tippspiel vom originalen Crimsonland in einen Mixer, fertig."
- Paul Rubah, dailydpad.de
- "Epistory a quelque chose de magique."
- Vasquaal, gamesidestory.com
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Fishing Cactus
Fishing Cactus is a privately held company of 32 game developers located in Mons, Belgium that was established by four industry veterans in 2009. With a core team which combines 30 years experience and 35 titles under its belt, Fishing Cactus creates compelling and high quality games tailored towards digital distribution platforms.
More information on Fishing Cactus, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Epistory - Typing Chronicles Credits
Thibaut "Thibz" Hanson
Benjamin "RYan" Lucas
Joseph J Clark